My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Top Secret Missions 😎🇦🇱

Përshëndetje friends and fam!! Boy have we had quite a week. Corona hit us like a brick this week. We are officially quarantined and have been for the past week. Please send your yummy recipes and ideas for what we can do while stuck in the house;). The roads are dead, cars aren't allowed to drive, many quarantine laws have been passed, almost everywhere is closed, and still the amount of cases continues to rise! About 37 missionaries from our mission returned home this week. However, we are in high spirits and hopeful! Satan can't get us down, and neither can corona. We live in very interesting times my friends. 

Culture shocks: 
1. Albanias don't know how to wear masks (They have been hanging off of one ear, not over their noses, on their heads, backwards, and all sorts of ways).
2. Quarantine= lets all go hangout outside in large groups because work and school are cancelled! (Not anymore though because now it is a law). 
3. The food here is so fresh and goes bad so quickly that they literally can't shut down the markets! 

Stories for the week!!!!
1. This week has been pretty dang crazy for us. This week we got a call from Sister Anderson to go to the mission office. At the time we were quarantined so you can imagine our excitement when we found a reason to get out of the house. Little did we know. When we got to the office we found out that all the senior couple missionaries would be going home within the next day and a half and so we were supposed to take over ALL the office work in our mission. One of our APs who served in Greece was emergency transfered back to Greece to do the same work for Greece while the other AP somehow ended up becoming our companion in a trio while we all learned how to run the office. That was easily the craziest 24 hours of my life. Sister Long and I are now a senior couple... and we are in a trio with Elder Westhoff hahaha. CRAZY. 
2. So amongst the other craziness of this week we were instructed to go on a secret mission to pick up some things in the MASSIVE mission van. Sister Long and I were the only ones who were able to drive so we were asked to go on a secret mission and not get pulled over by the cops. The police and army have been everywhere patroling the streets and vehicles and pedestrians to make sure nobody leaves or enters the city. Well, within 3 min of driving the police came and pulled me over. They asked for my authorization to be on the roads. They completely shut down driving so if you do not have specific authorization to be driving they will kick you out of Tirana (with no way back) or arrest you. We had no authorization AT ALL. I don't know if I have ever prayed so hard in my entire life. He looked at my drivers license and got mad saying that I needed authorization. I got the impression to pull out a paper from the vehicle. I pulled out this random paper receipt thing from the car dealership that definitely wasn't any kind of authorizarion. The guy threw it back at me and started getting very upset. Another cop came over and agreed with him that they would need to confiscate both of us and the vehicle. I kept praying praying praying and knew that if I kept praying and having faith He would provide a way. The third cop came over took the paper and read it over for about 2 minutes. Then he looked back at me and said "vazhdoni" (continue) while all the other cops looked at him in bewilderment. I almost started crying it was such a miracle. Holy cow. I cannot relay the importance and unlikeliness of us getting through that border line. I am still in amazement at the miracles the Lord has provided for us. 
3. Secret mission #2. We had over 37 missionaries leave our mission this week. We have taken quite the hit. Between missionaries getting sick, missionaries with past health problems, and the senior couples we have lost quite a bit. Well this next secret mission involved us helping to drive those missionaries to the airport and then drive all of their cars back to our office. We drove with President Anderson to the airport and caravaned over there with 5 different vehicles. Saying goodbye was hard. Watching the senior couples and missionaries I have grown to love was difficult. These are interesting times. Our mission is really small so saying goodbye to that many missionaries sure has an effect on you. Well, on our way back we had a HOOT. Because of the limitations on drivers it meant that both Sister Long and I had to drive seperately. Like alone! We caravaned home and I was alone in the car and it was so weird. Hahah wow. There were absolutely 0 cars on the road so we were able to FLY down the highways. I literally felt like I was in Fast and Furious. We may or may not have raced our way home;) Thankfully, we were able to make it through the border police into Tirana again because this time we had police clearance. Although we said sad goodbyes, we were very blessed. 

Spiritual thought: 
I have had many spiritual experiences on my mission. Many of which I have written about and many of which I have not. My sacrament meetings have always been extremely special but yesterday was one I will never forget. We were able to get permission to have sacrament meeting together as a district. This was a miracle considering the fact that we are not supposed to gather in groups of people. We sang hymns and and had our own "sacrament meeting" that was absolutely beautiful. The Elders blessed the bread and water and we took of the sacrament together in the most unusual and wonderful setting. I was amazed at the power of the spirit!! After the sacrament we were able to do a come follow me lesson together and it truly hit home for me. We are so blessed with the at home resources, technology, and the Holy Ghost to guide us wherever we may be. I have a testimony of God's plan and that He is VERY aware of every single one of us in this very moment. He loves us. His power surrounds us. Mosiah 4:9 I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful day and stay safe, healthy, and happy!!! 

Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania


Pics:
1. My cute new grandparents (senior couples ARE THE BEST) 
2. We snagged some pizza before they closed down! 
3. Another set of grandparents I have!!
4. Homemade masks made out of baby wipes... they are sold out of masks here lol. 
5.Sacrament meeting gang! 
6. Some nasty drink from Macedonia that I highly discourage







No comments:

Post a Comment