My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Police, Puzzles and Prophets!!!

Hello hello!!! What a fun week it has been!! We are still quarantined. No surprise there;) but general conference was this weekend! I hope you all had the chance to watch it! Our time is about 8 hours ahead of all of you so we watched conference from 6 pm-8 pm and then 10pm-12am and we watched the evening session Sunday morning when we woke up! Conference was absolutely beautiful. We are blessed with both a small mission and the most AMAZING mission president who truly helped us prepare to hear HIM. Each night this week we were able to have a zoom call with our entire mission and have a study session all together! It was INCREDIBLE. To prepare for Easter we will be doing the same thing this week! It is so wonderful. I am learning so much and I am so very thankful for technology. 

Culture Shocks: 
1. Albanian internet (with or without wifi) is pretty dang slow lol whoops. 
2. When Albanians are bored they cook!!! And don't stop cooking! And it smells so good!! 
3. Albanians are sooo kind and friendly. They are always outside on their balcony's washing their laundry and talking with their neighbors it is so cute. 

Adventures/Happy things:
1. If you know me, you know that being a spy is like my dream job. Well this week I really got to experience being a spy FIRSTHAND. There was something we needed to get done at the mission office which is about a 35 min walk from our house BUT the laws all changed this week and we were totally not supposed to leave but we HAD TO GO. We got all ready and tried to blend in as much as possible (my blonde hair doesn't do me any favors here). So as we were walking a car full of cops drove past us and then suddenly stopped right ahead of us and I was like SHOOT. So we immediately turned down some random neighborhood and ended up getting super lost for a good 10 minutes and then we ended up in front of another huge van full of cops!!! Hahaha after that we snuck away around the garbage cans and tried to blend in with the 2 people walking around. Our sneaky skills and spy-like maneuvers got us to the office safe and sound. Shout out to Spy Kids for teaching me all I needed to know. Who knew I would have to avoid the police this much on my mission... 
2. We got permission this week to sleepover at our fav sisters' house so we could watch general conference together! It was such a happy time and quite the party lemme tell ya. We made homemade Horchata and pizzas and hummus and soup and deviled eggs and juice and a bunch of other super random stuff. They are the future relief society presidents just saying!! After missing half of the first session of general conference because of the connection we were finally able to connect and we watched conference on our tiny little phone!!! I just couldn't have been happier:) General conference was so good!! We also completed a 1500 piece puzzle in an incredible amount of time... I may have been teased for my "puzzle intensity"....The key to puzzling is strategies... just sayin. 
3. I have had some interesting sleep walking and talking experiences lately. I think I have been extremely tired or something. It has been a little wild. I got out of bed this week, made my bed, and then proceeded to get frustrated with someone telling them that they absolutely could not sleep there because that was my bed! Hahaha I also had a conversation with Sister Long about how rice cookies would make you full all day if you ate them in the morning! Let's not forget all the Albanian words I learned DURING my sleep this week haha. It is kind of a mix between miraculous and really creepy hehe. 

SPIRITUAL GOODNESS: 
This week was just FULL of revelation and wonderful spiritual impressions. We are constantly blessed by the beautiful message of the restoration and we are SOO lucky and blessed to have the knowledge we do in these latter days. Our lives are quite a bit like puzzles. A lot of things don't make sense at first and it takes a lot of patience to find, twist, and place the pieces where they go. Sometimes we try to force the pieces to go into places they don't belong. Other times we look at the many many pieces and doubt whether or not something good could actually come out of the utter chaos. However, if we can look at the big picture we can understand that everything will make sense in due time. If we look to GOD we can understand that everything will make sense in due time. A common theme outlined in this general conference was that God WANTS to talk to YOU. He is TRYING to talk to you. President Nelson said that becoming like the Savior always has its difficulties! But as we do our part and work hard we open ourselves to better be able to hear Him. In reference to the Savior Elder Gong said, "He finds us and He makes us whole". As we stay believing and place ourselves in situations to HEAR our Lord and God the pieces of our puzzle will begin to align and make sense. We will be able to see the big picture and endure our trials with patience. I LOVE MY SAVIOR. I love our Prophet Russell M. Nelson! I hope you will all be able to join the world wide fast THIS FRIDAY. It will be miraculous!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Stay safe and happy and remember that being bored is impossible! There is always something to do ;) HAVE A HAPPY WEEK. 

Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania

Pics:
1) The gang 
2) Horchata party
3) technology 
4) the backyard
5) sunsets <33
6) pretty spring!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment