My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Can't stop, won't stop!!

Hello hello!!! Would you look at that... another week in quarantine down!!! Woot woot!!! Nothing can stop the work of the Lord:) I hope you all are staying healthy and happy and safe. I don't mean to brag, but we have plenty of toilet paper here in Albania just so you know;) so life is GOOD. We are happy happy happy out here and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have each day to be a missionary. The laws here are getting crazier and our work is becoming a lot more restricted. But we don't doubt the Lord is in charge. To all my friends and family STAY HOPEFUL THERE IS GOOD TO COME. 

CULTURE SHOCKS: 
You are in luck, there are always funny shocks to come from this amazing country even if we are inside all day:) 
1. People still have to work here to pay for their food (food storage and savings don't exist) so they have certain hours in which we are allowed to shop and there is also a curfew! However, these hours change daily. It was 4pm-6pm, 6am-10am, 10am-1pm, and Sunday we couldn't leave at all!! (This is how we help the entire nation keep the sabbath day holy #countingmiracles) 
2. They have army troops scouting out the roads looking for any rule breakers out past curfew! Who knew being out after 1pm could bring a $5000 fine.... 
3. Cooking in Albania is like cooking in outerspace. I have never tried that but I assume it doesn't work. All the sugar and vanilla and other baking items come in large granules so they don't mix very well and the ovens here rarely work so cooking here is quite the adventure:) 

FUNNIES: 
1. We have been having some cooking competitions out here with our district.  So far we have got 1 BLAZING black fireball (known as banana bread in America) to contribute (pic attached below). However, that might beat our elders' super interesting chicken wings... let me tell you how they made these wings. They threw the frozen chicken wings in a saucepan on the stove and then burned the edges, ate the edges, and then they put them back on again for another rotation. #learningtosurvive Also on that cooking note I have developed a new talent. I think I might have superhuman strength. Quarantine is developing my muscles... or I am just really angry hahaha. I keep breaking all of our dishes! I have now shattered a glass in my hand, broke the handles off of our measuring cups, and broke a spoon in half. You could say I am talented. 
2. This week we had to do some emergency preparation on the computers in case we get kicked out of Albania, well you know what this meant for us... party with the other missionaries!!! Hahaha we got to eat a picnic lunch together and it was so so fun. We made some good ol singing videos and some comedy films to send out to our members and friends and that was fun too. My kazoo finally made the appearance we have all been waiting for. Our mission president gave us a wink and said, "The kazoo sure carries" and then he asked for a copy! Yeah, we are going viral. 
3. We had zone conference this week with our entire mission over technology hahaha and that was fun! It was a really good conference however, sometimes the people talking would cut out and it made us laugh really hard. The first counselor to the mission president is Albanian and he is so cute and awesome. He was giving us a lecture on keeping our apartments clean. He then gave us the example of wanting to keep our bodies clean. In his cute accent he said, "That is why we needs to shave our birds. If yous are growing a bird you needs to cut it. We needs to be clean! We can't be clean with a bird on our faces!" Honestly, we had no idea what he said until about the 12th time he said the word "bird" and we realized he meant beard. Hahaha I think our entire mission about lost it it was so funny. Watch out for those birds elders!! 

Spiritual thought: 
These are interesting times! The world seems to be going into panic mode and things are rapidly changing all around us. However, we need not have fear. Where does fear come from? The Adversary! Where does panic come from? Satan! From where do doubts and discouragements arise? Lucifer!! This is not the time to be fearful, doubt, or be sad. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is in charge! Our merciful, loving, kind, and glorious Redeemer has a plan for us more beautiful and glorious than we will ever be able to comprehend. THIS is HIS work. THIS is part of HIS plan and THIS IS the work of salvation! We triumph in his goodness for us!! We are so lucky to be alive during these times!!! Despite the pain, sorrow, and loss we have seen we know that we can find happiness and joy that will help us overcome our trials. Our joy starts with a smile and the days pass with good deeds. D&C 68:6 says, "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." May we continue forth in good spirits and high hopes. May we continue to thank the Lord for the many blessings we are given each day. May we look to Him, testify of Him, and live like Him. I know my Savior lives! I know that he died for EACH and every single one of us that WE may live again. He knows you and he loves you. And I love you all!!!!! Have a wonderful week and make MIRACLES HAPPEN. You have the power to do so. <333 

Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania







Pics:
1. How Albania does quarantine during our "allowed hours of movement". 
2. Me & my cute comp
3. Zone conf online hahahaha 
4. Painting woot woot 
5. Some uhhh.... banana bread.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment