My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Friday, November 8, 2019

SMOOCHES 3

WOW WOW WOW. Another week has just flown by again! Things are groovy up here in Prishtina. I love it so much!!! There is SOO MUCH to love about missionary work!!! This week was fun for us though! I got to go on my second exchange EVER (in my 7 months here) and it was awesome!! We couldn't do exchanges before because me and my comp were the only sisters in Kosovo lol. I got to go hangout in Gjakova with Sister Shaw from Utah and that was awesome. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN. I love her. 

Culture SHOCKS:
So the funny thing about my culture shocks is that slowly but surely the shock is going down because everything is becoming normal and that makes me laugh. So when our cute upstairs neighbor calls us drunk at 2 in the morning to buzz her in the door we smile and don't even take a second blink :) 
1. They don't have a lot of orange punkins here!!! Also every different color of pumpkin has a different name and isn't considered a pumpkin! Weird! 
2. Bathrooms= an experience. Most of the public bathrooms here don't include soap, or tp, or any other necessities! They are squatters that is for sure. Look out everyone. My thighs are getting ripped. 
3. The peaches have now disappeared from the shops :( HOWEVER, that means it is now cutie (orange) season!! There is nothin like the smell of fresh bread and cuties in the morning air!! 

GOOD CHUCKLES: 
1. This week we had a very interesting man come to church. He came about an hour early all ready for church and everything. We are always very welcoming here so we shook his hand and that is when things escalated!! Albanians have this thing where they will kiss you on your cheeks as a "welcoming thing". So this man was leaning in towards my comp but let me tell ya... he wasn't goin in for the cheek that was for dang sure. He wrapped his arms around her into a hug but she escaped milliseconds before smooching a 50 year old man. He then proceeded to follow us around begging to get a picture with us. We said no, but that he could get a picture with the Elders. He wasn't quite down for that hahhaha. 
2. Soooo interesting fact. Daylight savings is actually a week early here. Sister Bringhurst and I woke up really confused because it was extremely light outside! Plus, all of our clocks said that it was 7:30 so we were like oh no we must have slept in!!!! Hahaha we were rushing around and didn't really check our phones. When we finally checked our phones we were still so confused because our phones were an hour behind, or so we thought. Finally after some digging we found out it was just daylight savings hehe. Thank you Europe.
3. When I had my sleepover in Gjakova we had the best time ever. Sister Shaw is HILARIOUS. We also had some funny things happen to us. First of all, we were talking so much that we missed our turn to head to Gjakova and were in the middle of nowhere until we both were like hmm something is wrong... so that was funny. We also made these cookies for an activity that I absolutely demolished because I forgot about them in the oven lol. Our quote of the day was when she said, " So many crazy things happen in this mission. I am so numb to it all. At this point I could get shot or win 1 million dollars and I would feel exactly the same." I learned this week that I love exchanges hahahaha. 

SPIRITUAL FOOD: 
Recently, I have LOVED the scripture 4 Nephi 1:36 that says the people were "true believers in Christ". Many of us have testimonies and beliefs of all sorts but what does it mean to be a true believer in Christ? Elder Neal A. Maxwell described true believers perfectly. He said,
1. True believers are settled in their views of Christ. Despite their weaknesses, their spirituality is centered on the Savior, so their views of everything else are put in that precious perspective.
2. True believers gladly perform their duties in the kingdom. 
3. True believers are humble.They are not easily offended and they do not resist counsel.
4. True believers are willing to do what Christ wants... even if that involves stretching. 
5. True believers have a balanced contentment.
6. True believers truly pray. Their prayers are sincere! 
7. True believers have both right conduct and right reasons for that conduct.
8.True believers rejoice in the success of others.
9. True believers remember that forgetting is part of forgiving. 
10. True believers are innocent as to sin, but not naive.
11. True believers are HAPPY. 

Although many of us have different beliefs we sometimes take 'the backseat' and don't act upon the things we believe!! There are always areas in which we can improve and become TRUE BELIEVERS in Christ, our Lord. I am thankful for his guiding hand in every aspect of my life. He truly is our Savior!! Be a true believer this week!! Try it out!! You will see a difference in your countenances! 

Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania

Pics: me and our COOLEST FRIEND BESFORT, FALL LEAVES, me and a cucumber flower, cute bags, pic with us and the PRESIDENT OF KOSOVO INBETWEEN US!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH #famous 





No comments:

Post a Comment