My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Friday, November 8, 2019

KOSOVO HALLOWEEN!!!!!!



We had a SpOokY week here in Kosovo!!!! Lots of spiders and spooky things up our allies if ya know what I am sayin. This week we had a HUGE Halloween party and it was SOOO FUN. We had lots of friends and members come it was a huge hit!! I am tellin ya, Albanian's know how to party. In other news, we got transfer calls this week. I am heading to Albania! I will be leaving my beautiful homeland, Kosovo, and be off on my next adventure in the land of Korça (Korcha). I have now been in Kosovo for over 7 months and made friends that I will keep FOREVER. It is gonna be a hard leave but I know that Heavenly Father will take care of them :) 

CULTURE SHOCKS: 
1. Peoples' names here are hilarious. They name their kids after common things and objects. For example, flamur= flag, fortessa= fortress, lumturie= happiness hahaha it is awesome lol. 
2. Albanian's don't celebrate Halloween!!! They don't dress up at all!!! Those crazies!!! 
3. They are very respectful of the elderly here! They will not sit down for dinner before the elderly and cannot eat until they take a bite first!! 

GIGGLES: 
1. Our Halloween party was rockin awesome hahahaha. We played a bunch of games and listened to music and everyone had an awesome time we laughed really hard the entire night. We have this cute little boy we are teaching and he was going CRAZY about our hanging donuts game (not donuts by the way). He wanted to fight them boxing style and kept hitting the strings anytime someone would try and eat the donut thingy. We finally got him to settle down and then out of nowhere he comes SPRINTING with his axe he used for Halloween and just bonks this girl on the head and cut the string with axe. Then he started swinging the string with the donut on it and it shot up and smacked me in the eyeball HAHAHA I LOVE HIM!!! Also at least 5 people may have almost drown during our bob for apples activity... ;)
2.  We went to have a lesson this week with these two girls and sometimes our lessons can be a little different. We always try to have our lessons at people's houses or at our church but the culture is a little different here so sometimes that is not always possible. We decided to meet at a quiet little cafe where we could talk! Right before we met together the girl told us that she had a better and quieter place to meet so we said sure! Well, we went to our lesson and it looked like we were in the desert hahaha. We sat on these little round cushions and there was like Arabian music playing and the walls were painted with camels and pyramids and it was very interesting. To make it better they started smoking those massive bong things so that really added to the experience. 
3. We have awesome Elders here in Kosovo. For some reason (I don't know why) we thought it would be hilarious if we pulled a joke on them. So one day we went and put tortillas in their crocs. HAHHA. This does not sound funny but I was laughing so hard. Well, turns out they actually never noticed there were tortillas in the lining of their crocs until today. Do not ask me how.... hahah but OH MY GOODNESS THERE WERE TORTILLAS IN THEIR CROCS FOR 3 DAYS HAHAH that is so funny. 

THE GOOD STUFF: 
This week I have just been on a spiritual high. The spirit has been so strong in all that we have done. The spirit has directed me and guided me and comforted me in so many ways. This week has been rough preparing to leave Kosovo. I am so excited for the opportunity to serve in Albania but the people here have a very special place in my heart and for that it hurts to leave. There have been lots of tears shed by members in the branch (hahah okay and me too). They are wonderful. I have learned so many things from the people of Prishtina. They have taught me so much. They have changed me forever. Here are 5 things I have learned while serving in Prishtina (although I have learned much more). 
1. I have learned to love. THEY LOVE EVERYONE. They have Christlike love and it GLOWS from their very beings. I have learned how to TRULY love while I have been here. 
2. I have learned how to be strong. They continue to amaze me everyday. They have been through war, abuse, trials, and hardships and they ALWAYS stay strong and keep on going. They never give up. 
3. I have learned that no one is outside the reach of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. No matter what religion they are and no matter how active they are in their religions they have hope. I have truly learned this as I have watched my friends serve and have taught the people here about Jesus Christ. 
4. I have learned that with Jesus Christ, everything is possible. We can do the impossible!! The hard days become the best days and there are ALWAYS miracles!!! 
5. I have learned how to truly be happy. A lot of people in this country are not happy. However, the people of this branch are truly happy because of their knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and their relationship with their Father in Heaven. THAT has helped me learn how to truly be happy. It is lasting, and it is contagious. It is divine. It is a gift from our GOD. 
Anyways, my testimony has grown so much while serving here. You should all give Alma 34 a read <3 that chapter has blessed my life in so many ways!! 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE AND PRAYERS. 
Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania

Pics: the strongest people, this massive leaf I found hehe, me and my cute companion, bowling with KOSOVO, HALLOWEEN PARTY 





No comments:

Post a Comment