My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Monday, November 18, 2019

1 YEAR, A BROKEN BUTT, & A MIRACLE




WHAT A GOOD OL WEEK FOLKS!!!! I have officially been a missionary for 1 year!!! Crazy stuff. On November 14th I hit my year mark woo hoo how fun! We had fun celebrating this week and I was also super excited because I got to hang out with my bestie Sister Mann for 2 days! I am so blessed to get to see her so much. This week we were blessed with rain, another baptismal date, and LOTS of laughs :) 

Culture shocks!!!! 
1. There are not any addresses here which is pretty funny. This is how they describe where they live, " go straight, then turn right, then turn left then go straight until you see a blue door and then go right and if you have seen a goat you have gone too far" super helpful. We only got lost like 30 times this week ;) 
2. Everything has seeds! The grapes, the oranges, the olives, and just everything has seeds inside!! We are constantly on the look out for seeds so that we don't grow grapes in our tummies ;) 
3. To have a bathroom in your house is like royalty here! Most of the people have to go out in the cold to wash and prepare food and go to the bathroom. They are so strong!! 

FUNNY STUFF: 
1. This week we had an unfortunate case of events hahaha. We had planned a lesson with this miracle family out in a fshat (village) about 30 minutes away but we came to find out that we wouldn't have the car because some things came up with our elders! We really didn't want to miss our lesson so we decided we would use our bikes!!! BRAVO. Well, let me set the scene for ya real quick. First of all, helmets are NOT used in Albania so 2 blonde girls in skirts riding bikes in the freezing cold with helmets in the middle of nowhere was quite a sight to see. We got some FUNNY looks and even funnier comments as we passed by the old cute fruit vendors on the side of the road. Our biking trip ended up taking us 4 hours total because we did not realize how long the trip would be into the village in the mountains HAHAH. It was also uphill both ways and both of our bikes were broken lol. My handles were about 20 klm from my hands and so my back was absolutely destroyed AND the gears were broken so our legs were going super sonic speed yet we were hardly moving. Oh man it was so stinkin funny. I was laughing so hard!! Oh also as we were leaving they gave me a peach to eat as I was biking and I totally crashed while eating this stinkin peach. Let's just say that I WILL be fixing those handlebars... Despite my broken butt (which has been bruised for the last 3 days) I had the time of my life and we met ANOTHER miracle family!!!! Once we got to the village we couldn't find the house and so I decided to ask these cute little kids playing futbol in the road for directions! While my comp was looking for directions with their mom I started playing futbol in my skirt and helmet with like 8 kids and we had so much fun. The mom was so happy that we played with her kids that she wants us to come back and teach her about The Book of Mormon!!! Ahhh I am so excited. #worthit 
2. Hahha okay so this week I was in the bathroom and saw all of these powder things on this ledge hanging in our bathroom. I thought it would be a good idea and open them so that I could see what was inside! Hahhaha so the first one I opened was just some kind of cream thing or something and the second one was quite the surprise. I opened the second bottle and BOOM it exploded black powder all over the entire bathroom and all over my clothes. I was completely black HAHAH. I figured out that it was some kind of powder for your teeth or something lol but it was quite hilarious looking at the reaction of my companion when I walked out of the bathroom. 
3. We went to dinner at this cute lady's house and all she wants to do is feed us! She is so cute. However, we didn't have very much time to eat with her because we had an appointment so as we were leaving she was just throwing tons of food on us putting them in my pockets, my coat hood, my shoes, and just everything. It was so funny!! I kept telling her that I didn't have enough room for all of her nuts and fruits but she somehow was able to find every cranny. Oh man, I love Albanians. 

SPIRITUAL GOODNESS:
This week I have been thinking a lot about angels. President Nelson has made it very clear that the work of salvation is proceeding here on the earth and is also continuing on both sides of the veil!! What a wonderful thing. There are spirits all around us who are constantly helping us, lifting us up, and encouraging us in everything we do. It is so comforting to know that we have those special spirits who know us and love us and want us to grow closer to our Heavenly Father! They cry with us and they rejoice with us. They comfort us and they help us in EVERY SITUATION. Each day they help us and minister to us and perform miracles for US. We have access to their power and that is such a blessing! Moroni 7:29 says, "And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men."  Don't forget the amount of people that love and care for you. They are here on earth and they are in the spirit world! Don't forget about the angels. They are numberless and they are real. They are cheering you on! I am cheering you on!!! I love you and miss you more than you know!! Have a spectacular, groovy, and happy week :) 

Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania


Pics: me and my cute new futbol friends, futbol field!!!, biking, cute lil road 










No comments:

Post a Comment