My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Week 5: I almost died





Ç'kemi everyone!! (Hi) and MERRY CHRISTMAS THIS WEEK!!

MTC Culture Shocks:
1. We have only been here for 1 month and we are the "oldest" people at the MTC. Basically we're pretty cool because we're old timers. We know how this rodeo goes. 
2. If you leave the MTC campus you automatically become the bees knees. 
3. Every Sunday night we are able to watch films from past devotionals only available in the Missionary Training Center. They are pretty amazing. WE LOVE THEM. 

This week: Okay so this week was crazy to say the least. First of all, I woke up on Thursday not being able to see. I couldn't open my eyes and they were burning so badly. I thought the pain was maybe from some sort of allergy so I took some allergy medicine and got ready for the day. As the day went on I realized there was no way my eyes could be hurting that badly. My companions and I went to the doctors who told us we needed to go off campus to an actual doctor in the "real world". We left the MTC and went to the doctor where she told me that I had developed ulcers in both my eyes. They numbed my eyeballs and gave me medicine to help cure the ulcers. It was completely terrifying. They aren't completely sure how the ulcers formed all we know is that they're not good. Anyways, long story short, I took the medicine and visited the doctor a few times and I should be fully cured by Thursday. Wahoo I'm ulcer free!! 

On a happier note, Christmas is right around the corner! We went caroling around the MTC and sang Christmas songs in Albania it was sooo fun! We sang Ejani Besnik (Oh Come, All Ye Faithful) and Botës Gëzim (Joy to the World). It was quite fun. We were also able to do a temple walk around the temple on Sunday with our zone and it was so fun to walk around and talk with everyone. It was our last hurrah as a zone because now everyone has left except us and the Germans. The Germans will be here until right after Christmas and then we'll be the only ones in our zone until we leave January 15. Wow, we are here for forever. Good thing we love it ;) The language is going well. We're finally diving in to grammar and we're thriving. 
 
Funnies:
1. We all got on the Family Search App this week and found out how those in our district are related!! Elder Dixon and I found out that we are cousins!!! (Okay we're 5th cousins but we like to brag to people how close we are compared to the rest of our district). Sadly, I'm not related to my favorite Australian Motra T or New Zealander Elder Lawrence. 
2. The Hungarians left this week which made us super duper sad. They were our best friends!! However, the last gym day before they left EVERYONE wore Bombers shirts and we made up a cheer and the whole gym was cheering as we destroyed on the four square court. Haha they will be missed but we will catch them in 2020 at our four square reunion. 
3. At the MTC we have a mace (cat) that roams around and we have no idea where it came from. It's so hilarious because all the sisters think it's so cute to pick up and take pictures with but it's actually so gross. Motra Tolhurst says, "Ç'kemi mace" every time we walk by him and it seriously cracks me up. 

Spiritual thoughts:
1. Last Friday we taught two people named Sara and Sage. Our lesson was based around the Light the World Initiative. We shared one of the videos and talked about how we could light the world this Christmas season. The spirit was so incredibly strong during those lessons. We were able to talk and communicate with them almost perfectly. It was a miracle. We walked out of the lessons with tears of gratitude to our Heavenly Father for helping us. We learned that when we weren't focused on the language and more focused on feeling the spirit that we could understand them so much better. Ahh it was amazing. 
2. We tried a special activity this week as a district. We came up with 3 random questions we had and then we picked a random chapter from The Book of Mormon and were able to answer EVERY single question!! It was so amazing to see how powerful The Book of Mormon is and it's ability to answer ANY question at ANY time. You can have any and all your questions answered if you are willing to look for them in the scriptures. 
3. With my eyeballs being wack this week I really had to rely on my Savior. One story that touched my heart was when Christ healed the blind man. I kept thinking of all the miracles he performed and couldn't help thinking of the joy we will have one day when we are perfected in him. In the Christmas nativity story, the angel tells Mary, "Fear not". We have no reason to fear for the Lord is on our side. As we follow him we will be cleansed and have overwhelming joy. What a time to be alive!! 

Thanks for all the cute Christmas cards I LOVE THEM. KEEP LIGHTING YOUR FAMILIES THIS WEEK AND HAVE THE MOST MERRIEST OF CHRISTMASES!!

Sister Hannah Sutton
JAN15 ADRTCS
2005 N 900 E Unit 306
Provo, UT 84602

Hurrah for Israel!!
Love, Motra Sëtën


No comments:

Post a Comment