My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

WATERFALLS








What is groovin everybody???? Kosovo is grooving that is for dang sure. I was able to play futbol for the first time in months and that was SOOO FUN. Let's just say these Albanians and I are lovin life on futbol Saturdays. Fun fact: the donuts here (I don't know how we found them) are 10/10. 

Culture SHOCKS: 
1. One interesting culture thing is that they rely very heavily on their parents approval for everything. Even once they leave the house they still ask their parents for permission to do anything. There is a lot of respect for 
2. EVERYTHING IS SO DANG CHEAP. We bought tons of food to FILL our cupboards, fridge, and freezer and we spent under 20$ WOWZER. 
3. This town is bumpin at night. There are quite a few people out in the day time but when it turns 8:00 the streets are just PACKED with people partying, fireworks, and tons of treats and stuff around town. 

FUNNY GOOFS:
1. This last week we went to a waterfall and it was sooo pretty. As we went to go up closer I told Motra Mann not to go any further or else she was going to slip. What did she do? SHE WENT CLOSER HAHA AND SLIPPED INTO THE WATERFALL. HAHAH I was laughing pretty dang hard that my companion was covered in dirt, mud, and was soaked. 
2. Sooo after that funny little experience karma hit me back. We were in Gjakova (another city about 1.3 hours away from Prishtina) and I was walking on the curbs (because yes I act like I am 6 years old) and I decided to do a fun trick on this ramp that was used for wheelchairs. I ended up slipping and just EATING IT on the ramp and right as I thought it was over I didn't realize that I had also knocked down a bunch of bikes lined up against the ramp which all fell on top of me. I was just stuck there under all the bikes with a bruised bum, bloody wrist, and the biggest smile on my face. That is what I get for laughing at my companion. #compunity
3. I love being a trainer so much. Maybe it is because I have the best comp but seriously it is so fun. We have been working really hard to help her (okay us) speak Albanian. We are both awkward and I love it. This week (in Albanian) she was trying to tell me that I really needed to be careful and not get hit by sins. I was contemplating what she said for so long... I kept asking myself if I had like sinned really bad lately or something and I was confused for the longest time. Finally, I asked her what the heck she was talking about. What she meant was that I really needed to be careful and not get hit by cars. The word for sin is mëkati and the word for car is makinë. We laughed so hard. 

SPIRITUAL GOODIES:
1. I have this cute best friend here that has the BIGGEST desire to get baptized but can't because her parents won't let her. To help strengthen her faith we have been doing Personal Progress together for Young Women's and we have started a Young Women's program here! It is so wonderful. SHE LOVES IT. She has been working so hard so that she won't ever lose her faith. She has memorized the YW theme in both English and Albanian and ALWAYS comes to church on Sunday. She knows what this gospel is all about! It is rooted in her soul! We had the most beautiful lesson with her and talked about her fears of living in Kosovo where she doesn't have the same freedom to choose as we do in America. Together, we read in Matthew 8:26 in the Bible which says, " And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful?, O ye of little Faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm." This verse really helped the both of us see that with the Lord we have NO FEAR. He calms our storms and lifts us up. He reaches out his hand to save us and all that WE have to do is have enough faith to grab his hand and hold on. Remember to find joy in the journey!!!!!! 

I love you all soo stinkin much and I hope you are all smiling and laughing and enjoying the small and simple things!!!! 

LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER!!!!
Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania
Pics: Waterfall pics, besties, english kurs, cutie friends, pretty mosque 






No comments:

Post a Comment