My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

SOAKED, LOST, AND LOTS OF POTIONS








Hellllloooooooo everybody!!! What is kickin? It has just been another week in paradise and we couldn't be happier!!!! I have coolest companion, the most beautiful area, and the BEST FRIENDS HERE. We had a baptism and it was so awesome. His name is Diart and I basically am his mom I love him and his sister so much!!! 

Culture shocks: 
1. Albanians generally don't smile in photos. It is so interesting. But they are so cute. Straight face photos are the thing here. 
2. They believe that if you sit on the floor you will get sick. They are so superstitious! They also think rain makes you sick... everyone is scared of the rain. 
3. Everyone claims they know English but in reality they don't so it is just this huge language barrier hahaha they are so sweet. Sometimes they refuse to talk in Albanian and only use the 4 English words they know because we are American lol and they want to help us. 

Goofy goober stories: 
1. Alrighty so if you know me you know that I am like a walking map. I always know where to go. HAHAH jokes. I love to be in charge of the map and I just wish so badly that I was good at using one. So anyways, this week we were driving to Gjakova, Kosovo from Tirana, Albania. As we were driving I may or may not have accidentally led us to the beach which is completely the opposite direction hahahaha. After we finally found the main road we continued on but then I thought it would be a smart idea to take a short cut through the mountains because we were already 2 hours late hahahaha. Bad idea. It was a long cut anddddd we may or may not have gotten ourselves lost in Kosovo without service on our phones. It was so fun!!!!! And soooo beautiful. We found the most beautiful sunflower fields that went on for ages. We made it out alive, 3 hours later, with the biggest smiles on our faces. Not to mention that we met the best people during that whole ordeal that actually are interested in our message!!! What did I learn? 1) everything happens for a reason 2) I shouldn't be in charge of the map 3) Kosovo is the most beautiful place. 
2. This week it rained SOOO MUCH. We went to an appointment and it started pouring rain out of no where. I'm talking DUMPING GALLONS OF RAINDROPS. We had to be on the other side of town for another appointment and we didn't have an umbrella lol. So our friends lent us their umbrella and we started walking to our next appointment. We were walking in water up to mid calf and were just soaking wet. All the sudden the wind took the umbrella and turned it inside out and I really don't know if I have laughed harder in my life. We looked like we were swimming. Good mems. 
3. One of the Americans who lives here decided to do a relief society activity and make like lotions and stuff with essential oils. It was so funny because she had her defuser thing or whatever it is called and was cooking stuff that was smokey so it straight up looked like we were making potions at the church (Harry Potter moment of the week). Our branch President HATES the smell of the essential oil stuff which is so hilarious because they can't get the smell out and so our church has smelled like essential oils for the past 5 days HAHAHAHA. 

FOOD FOR THE SOUL: 
We have a member here who is the definition of service. She talks to ANYONE and EVERYONE and is always talking about her faith, giving away Libri I Mormonits, and serving others despite her having NOTHING. This week I was extremely humbled. Her faith is shown through her actions. She is the most selfless person and always puts others above herself. She shared this quote with me this week, "I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy. " The two greatest commandments God has given is to love Him and to love others. How do we love God? By loving others. How do we love others? By serving them with the power of God. I encourage you all to pray and look for those opportunities to serve one another this week. More importantly, pray to know when to act on those opportunities. You will be blessed with the power from on high. 

Thanks for all your support and love!!! Have faith to work some miracles this week!!! 
LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER!!!!
Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania








No comments:

Post a Comment