My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Week 2- The Sleep Talking Albanian

Përshendetje (Hello!!!)

MTC Culture Shocks:
1. The cafeteria smells like a farm 
2. We sing 14 opening hymns before devotionals 
3. If you wanna get good seats you gotta beat the system

This weeks details:
I love my companions! At first, being in a trio had its struggles but we've seen so many blessings from being together. Because of Thanksgiving we had 3 amazing devotionals and could feel the spirit so strong. One of them was a music devotional and left everyone in tears. My district is getting so close. We all love each other so much and get so sad whenever we think about splitting up. We had 2 other devotionals this week from the president of the MTC, President Martino, and his wife and also from Elder Clayton of the Seventy. They all gave amazing devotionals. I'm still wrecking it in four square and have quite the reputation. 

Good laughs:
1. Elder Van Dyke in our district was giving a lesson and was really excited to say hello to our fake investigator. As he approached him he yelled "C'fare!!!!" (which means WHAT instead of C'kemi which means Hi) with the biggest smile and jazz hands. It's not that funny now that I'm writing it but we've been quoting him and laughing about it all week. It was hilarious. 
2. I have officially started sleep talking (picture my companions cheering). I keep yelling Albanian words out in my sleep and then giggling. It makes my companions laugh really hard. They say once you start dreaming in the language that you are fluent however, I know like nothing I'm just weird. 
3. Shout out to Elder Cox in Virgina because he buried a time capsule for me to find here at the MTC. My companions and I were on this scavenger hunt digging in the dirt and everyone thought we looked so weird but it was so fun. 
4. There is this girl on our floor that collects acorns. Every time we pass her room we just see mounds of acorns in a pile and she's always counting them or arranging them in some way. HAHA LIKE WHAT THE HECK. SHE HAS SO MANY ACORNS!! IT'S SO FUNNY!

Spiritual thoughts:
Where do I even start? I'm surrounded by the spirit 24/7 I could talk about this for ages. 
1. We did a service project on Thanksgiving and prepared meals for over 350000 people. It was such an amazing experience to do a mass service project. It also helped me realize the real meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Which reminds me- everyone should get involved in The Light the World challenges! The videos are so amazing so make sure you share those and get involved! You'll see so many blessings. 
2. Our devotional Sunday night was amazing. The president of the MTC and his wife talked about their conversion stories and they were so inspiring. They talked about how many lives ONE missionary can change. Since they've been converted they have completed thousands of family names in the temple and gone on several missions blessing so many people. Each of us, even if you're not on a mission, can have an impact like this when you share the gospel. 
3. I've really tried focusing on improving my prayers this week. I've been working on listening for answers and communicating with him like I would with a real parent. I've seen so many answers to my prayers as I've sat and written down promptings I've received. I know that God loves us. He wants to communicate with us. I've been so blessed to feel is love every day of my mission so far. 

Keep the letters, emails, and packages coming they are the best!! I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to serve a mission and receive so much support. Love you all so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment