My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Week 1- Ditë e lumtur e Turqisë!

Ç'kemi (Hi)! Motra Sëtën here! The title of my email means Happy Turkey Day ;)
Week 1 is through and finished so I guess we'll get right to it then...

MTC Culture Shocks:
1. The laundry room is for rocket scientists
2. Everyone's first name is officially Elder and Sister
3. Receiving packages/letters make you famous

This week's details:
I'm in a trio and I couldn't  be more happy!! My companions are amazing I really lucked out. I'm companions with Motra Webster and Motra Beals. They are amazing. I was able to go to Motra Webster's farewell last Sunday which was a really cool treat too. She's from Mapleton, Utah! We are very similar in personality. Motra Beals (from Colorado) and I were in the same group message with the other sisters in our district so we've all grown really close even before the mission. Motra Tolurst is from Australia and I love her. I often find myself mimicking her accent.. whoops... but it's okay she's cool. Motra Boyce is from Montana and is a hoot! My district is AMAZING. Seriously, they are spiritual giants and I LOVE THEM. We are all completely different in the absolute best ways. There are 5 sisters and 6 elders and we all get along perfectly. We are District G (We call it the gangster district- and if you're wondering I am in fact writing an Adriatic South Mission rap for us). My zone is also pretty amazing as well. Our zone consists of the Hungarians, Germans, Turkish bros, ASL missionaries, and some others that I can't remember. I mostly chill with the Hungarians because they're awesome. 

If I had to explain the MTC in simple terms I would say... robots performing miracles. We are all always working, studying, and having the most spiritual experiences and It's only week 1. I can't wait to see what the rest of this experience will look like. 

Good laughs: 
I laugh so much at the MTC. We have the funniest district ever. 
1. I am a Four square champion. Four square has become our favorite past time and let me be the first to tell you that I have some mad skills out there on the court.
2.I went to shower one night and after I had finished showering I realized that I didn't have my towel. Super awkward. I had clothes thankfully, but I walked back to the room soaking wet with my pants tied around my head like a turban. That made for a good laugh. 
3. We got our name tags in Albanian and we laughed so hard because Sister Beals name translates to Motra Billz, Sister Boyce's name translates to Motra Bois, and my name translates to Motra Satën... Bills, boys, and Satan what gets worse than that. Thankfully, pronouncing my name Sëtën actually sounds so much closer to how it actually is pronounced so I'm happy.
4. The power went out yesterday so I wasn't able to send a group email. It was super crazy though because we had class in the dark and there was literally no light on the entire MTC campus it was nuts.  

Spiritual thoughts: 
The MTC has got me on a spiritual high. The devotionals here are amazing. 
1. We had a devotional two nights ago given by Elder Michael Ringwood from the seventy and his wife (who is President Nelson's daughter). They talked about how everyday we are guided by the spirit to say or do things that can change someone's life forever. This really hit home for me. Elder Ringwood said, "God is in the details of our lives. If you put your trust in the Lord you will find that you have so many "and it fell on a day" moments. If you look for them the likelihood of you seeing them will increase. I love that. It fell on a day that I entered the MTC. 
2. I had a really cool moment this week. All the sisters in my district are having a really hard time with homesickness. They have been struggling and it breaks my heart. I was inspired to advise one of my companions to ask for a priesthood blessing. The spirit was so strong. She started crying and said that was exactly what she needed to hear. I asked our branch presidency if they would be willing to give us blessings and all the sisters ended up wanting one and it was amazing. Priesthood blessings are powerful. 
3. As I've been completing President Nelson's challenge to read The Book of Mormon I realized that the aim of all gospel learning and teaching is to deepen our conversion and help us become more like Jesus Christ. This means relying on Christ to change our hearts. I've been able to focus on my purpose as a missionary and have grown so much closer to Christ. As we do this we are able to get through life's challenges. 
4. Dieter F. Uchtdorf spoke to us today for Thanksgiving!! They both gave amazing messages. We literally sat like 4 rows away from them it was amazing. There were 3 amazing quotes that hit me. 1) "You are made of the stuff of eternity. Use your talents." 2) "Strenth you can gather from God is enough to carry you through the day" 3) Gratitude will give you wings, clarity, calmness, and happiness. My heart is so full. We have two more devotionals today but I will have to give the details on those next week :)

There is this website where you can send me free letters online called DearElder.com! I'm District G. Getting letters and packages are the best so if you get the chance I would love to hear from you!! Also my address is:
Sister Hannah Sutton
JAN16 ADRTCS
2005 N 900 E Unit 306 
Provo Ut 84602

Sorry for the novel email I'll make them more concise in the future!  I'm truly grateful for my family and my mission. I have loved all the people I have met here. Most importantly, I am thankful for my Savior who makes all of this possible. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Eat lots of pumpkin pie for me.

Lots of love, Motra Sëtën



No comments:

Post a Comment