My dear extraordinary youth, you were sent to earth at this precise time, the most crucial time in the history of the world, to help gather Israel. There is nothing happening on this earth right now that is more important than that. There is nothing of greater consequence. Absolutely nothing.This gathering should mean everything to you. This is the mission for which you were sent to earth. So my question to you is “Are you willing to enlist in the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel?” Please think about it. -President Russell M. Nelson

Monday, December 16, 2019

Goat head?? & lots of tears:')






Holyyyyy guacamole it is almost CHRISTMAS!!!!!! I hope you all had a rockin' week! This week was pretty crazy for us out here. I found out that I am being transferred to Tirana, the capital of Albania!! I am going to be companions with a newer missionary named Sister Long:) We are going to be "whitewashing" an area in Tirana and are going to be the only area with just sisters! Crazy! I'm not worried about getting lost though... I mean you all know me... I'm a rockstar with my directions;) It has been hard saying goodbye to the wonderful people in Korça. In such a short time we have seen CRAZY MIRACLES, had tons of baptisms, and made lasting relationships. Saying goodbyes are so hard :'( However, I AM SO EXCITED. There are so many more adventures to come. 

Culture Shocks: 
1. On Christmas Eve Albanians have this cool tradition where they will go from door to door and drop off little treats for people :) THEY LOVE IT. 
2. When we ask people what religion they are they usually tell us that they are both Muslim and Orthodox (meaning that their mom and dad are different religions). Religion and nationality often get mixed up here. 
3. Albanians are terrified of water. They are afraid of swimming and sometimes even baptism. Also fun fact: they call ice skating "skiing on ice". 

FUNNY THINGS: 
1. This week we decided to paint these pumpkins and use them as decorations. We couldn't find any paint anywhere! One day we were cleaning our apartment and found some wall paint! We set up a good little area and then went crazy painting these pumpkins. As I went to wash the paint off my hands I wasn't paying attention and then BOOM my entire hands and arms were COVERED in paint. The paint just spread its way over my hands and made them GLOWING WHITE HAHA. I tried scrubbing them for like 30 minutes and it never came off it only got worse lol. We tried using lemon juice and all other sorts of concoctions but I spent the night covered in white wall paint. Finally, we found out an Albanian tip. USE OLIVE OIL. The olive oil helped me out in just 10 minutes:) 
2. The people of Korça sure have unique traditions when it comes to food. This week we really wanted to try one of the most popular foods here... goat head!!! Yummmmmmyyyyyy.The photo is attached below... let's just say that I was not expecting a literal goat head on the plate. Goat brains are so scrumptious (not). 
3. We had the FUNNEST Saturday ever! It started with us playing soccer with a bunch of our cute friends. I love learning Albanian futbol slang it is awesome. All the cute little boys made fun of me because I was a girl until my team kicked their butts 8-2 ;) After playing soccer we were going to have a fun service activity by giving people free hot chocolate in the road! We went to go make the hot chocolate and realized that we had no way to transport the hot chocolate over to the designated spot... hahaha we spilled it EVERYWHERE. It was still awesome though. TONS of people came over and we met TONS of new people! I even met people that live in my new area!!! What a miracle. Our service project then turned into a dance party which surely made for a fun time and got lots of people excited for the Christmas party they will have this week:) #dancecontacting 

Spiritual Thought:
I am so thankful for the amazing people I have met in Korça and for their love and examples that they are for me. They have taught me so much! It is so amazing how much they have learned in such little time. I have come to learn a big concept in my life. When we follow our Savior we cannot fall. No matter how smart, how tall, how old, or how much money we have we are all the same, and we are all learning!! Constantly! We are promised that as we continue to follow the example of our Savior that we can have even MORE blessings, even MORE happiness, and even MORE miracles; but, sometimes it is easy to fall back into the world. Satan is smart, and he knows how to get us!! I picture it like this... Satan doesn't tell us to jump off cliffs because that would be too obvious! We would never do that. However, Satan will place slides, and hills, and other things in our path that will slowly but surely get us off the path if we are not careful. We can all continue on the road that leads to our Heavenly Father when we do the small and simple things each day:) Jesus Christ has showed us the way. As we constantly learn, live, and walk as Christ did we will find him. I love my Savior. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I love you all!!!! Be happy and find Christ in CHRIST-MAS and have a fan-freaking-tastic week!!!!<3 

Love, Motra Sëtën

Adriatic South Mission
P.O. Box 2984
Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta 
Qendra ALPAS
Shkalla NR. 5 Apartamenti NR.14
Tirana, Albania

Pics: HOT CHOCOLATE GANG, futbol friends (2), goat head, cute hat that Elder Linton gave us for Christmas, my cute friend Edmond, cute fam I will miss very much

















No comments:

Post a Comment